Winter Top 10 Must Do’s
- Walk along the Greenway and Hawk’s Bill Creek and terminate at one of Luray’s eateries for breakfast, lunch or dinner. After your meal, consider taking in a movie at our old style charming Luray Movie Theater in town.
- Bundle up under the heavenly stars around a crackling campfire on a cold night while sipping hot seasonal spiced wine or hot chocolate
- Visit the regional wineries and sample their holiday specialties; recommend the full bodied dry red wines during winter months
- Tour the Luray and Shenandoah caverns and their local museums and enjoy the consistently warm 55 degrees on a cold winter day!
- Sample the regional culinary specialties at local diners and restaurants such as Pumpkin Roll, Pumpkin Pie and other spiced desserts (recommend Brookside Diner in Luray, Hawksbill Diner in Stanley, and Griffin Tavern in Flint Hill)
- Bundle up and stroll through the shops and streets of old towns to admire the country holiday (Thanksgiving and Christmas) decorations; visit the Art Warehouse in Luray for a large and wide variety of exceptional art work and jewelry
- Take in the local holiday season small town events and performances – refer to local town news papers and public signs in the old towns
- Go skiing, sledding, or snow tubing at Massanutten or Bryce Mountain Resorts
- On a cold day, relax in front of fireplace or wood stove with a quilt, good book and cookies
- Visit the Art Warehouse and shops in old Town Luray for art works, antiques and many unique gifts and items. While you’re out, take in a meal on the Delightful Dining Trail.
Bonus Adventure: Check www.discovershenandoah.com for seasonal experiences on the Blue Ridge Whiskey Wine Loop.